The one good thing about being on lockdown is being able to cook fresh food, I love cooking, but at times I find it hard to cook fresh every day when I get home from work I tend to make something quick & easy.
Being on lockdown also means being creative with the ingredients you have in the house. I’ve been trying to pick up things as I good and make big pot meals so that they can last more than one day. I guess I’m lucky where I live as we have a fruit and veg stall which is next day to a butcher which allows me to pick up all my shopping in one go and using local stores for the things I can’t get there.
So on Wednesday, I made Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta with Bacon is a delicious flavour combination of cream, mushroom, and bacon. Perfectly simple dinner which is packed with flavour. Ready in 30 minutes
For a low the pasta with veggies, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice
*6 boneless chicken thighs with skin removed
*1 tsp Salt
*1 tbsp white pepper
*1 tbsp chilli powder
*1 tbsp paprika
*2 tbsp olive oil
*2 tbsp butter
*2 tbsp fresh cloves garlic, finely minced
*2 tbsp fresh chilli, finely minced
*1 yellow onion, minced
*250mls chicken stock
*400mls double cream
*400g sliced mushrooms
*150g grated Parmesan cheese
*chopped spring onion, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, white pepper, chilli powder & paprika mix.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Once done, remove chicken and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Cook pasta as directed on the packet.
- Fry the bacon until crispy remove and place in the oven with thighs.
- Melt butter in the same pan as the chicken keeping all the remaining juices.
- Add sliced mushrooms, garlic, onion & chilli for one minute.
- Add chicken stock, and allow to reduce a little.
- Lower heat and pour in the double cream and allow it simmer
- Add the bacon in the sauce, and stir in the parmesan cheese
- Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Take chicken out of the oven and add to the sauce cook for a further minute.
- Take one ladle of pasta water to add to the sauce
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce