Tasty Tuesday: Cauliflower & Broccoli Couscous Chicken Salad
I know it’s been a while, it seems like I fell off the face of the earth, but the truth is a lot has been going on in my life and I was not emotionally or mentally able to commit to keeping up with the blogging.
I’m not saying I’m in the right place now but I feel ready to give it another try.
If you follow me on IG you know, that blogging isn’t the only thing I’ve kind of given up on, my healthy living want out the window.
What can I say I’m an emotional eater when I’m upset I binge eat, my gran passed which was like a green light for me to eat and eat until I could eat no more.
Binge eating is my way of burying my head in the sand.
Yesterday was the first time in I don’t even know how long that I got up did my morning workout and eat clean all day.
I didn’t go home and pig out on sweets, chocolate, cakes & crisp instead I went home and did all my meal prep for today and also made last nights dinner.
I know most people do a week’s worth of meal prepping but I just can’t I like my food to be more fresh so I do it the night before.
Last nights dinner was so good it was one of the recipes from Joe Wicks Lean In 15
Cauliflower Couscous Chicken Salad, but as you know I love to change things up a bit so I added Broccoli and I also warmed up the Cauliflower & Broccoli Couscous
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1/2 Broccoli
- 4 Tbs Pomegranate Seeds
- 5 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 Jarred Peppers
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 10 Almonds
- 1 handful of Baby Spinach
- 400g Chicken Thighs
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Cook the Chicken Thighs to your liking, I cooked mine in taco seasoning.
- Place the Cauliflower & Broccoli florets into a food processor until they have Couscous like texture.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in oven on gas mark 5 for no more then 10 mins.
- Place the Cauliflower & Broccoli Couscous into a large bowl.
- Chop all ingredients into bite size pieces.
- Add all ingredients apart from the Chicken and Lemon.
- Mix well.
- Dish the Cauliflower & Broccoli Couscous on to plates and pile on the Chicken.
- Now enjoy.