Tasty Tuesday: Chicken with Creamy Mushroom & Tarragon
If you have been following my blog for sometimes, you will know that I’m a big fan of Joe Wicks books I’ve been slowly making my way though the book.
Last week I decided to give his Chicken with Creamy Mushroom & Tarragon a try, and I wasn’t too impressed the only word I can use is bland, it had no flavour at all I was really disappointed.
The first thing the recipe called for was to boil the Chicken, sorry but I don’t do boiled Chicken it is not done in my house that is a BIG FAT NO unless it soup which this was not.
If you know me you know I’m not the type of person to give up on something if I don’t like it I will keep on trying it in different ways until it is to my liking and so that what I set out to do.
Yesterday I retried the recipe my way.
What can I say it came out delicious this is now a 100% keeper.
So what did I do what was so different I added Onions & Chili to the sauce and I seasoned the Chicken before frying it, that’s right I fried my Chicken I also skipped on the Spanish as I forgot to buy some, but it was still very nice without it.
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Large Red Chili, diced
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 300g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Cup of White Wine
- 150g Double Cream
- 1 Spring of Tarragon
- Heat 1 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil in a larger frying pan.
- While the Oil is heating up season the Chicken with the Salt, Pepper & Smoked Paprika.
- Heat the Onion, Garlic & Chili on a medium heat until they start to soften.
- Removed from pan and add 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil to heat.
- Once warm add the Chicken and cook on each side for 3 minutes.
- Once brown add to a baking tray and put into the oven on gas mark 4.
- Add the Onions, Garlic & Chili.
- Add the Mushrooms and cook until brown.
- Turn the heat to High and add the White Wine and keep stirring until well mix.
- Once the Wine begins to evaporate add the Double Cream.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes add the Tarragon and stir well.
- Remove the Chicken from the oven and cut into slices.
- Stir into the Cream mix and cook for a further 3 minute.