Tasty Tuesday: Nutty Porridge
The weather has been so cold lately that all I want is hot comfort food but as I’ve been trying to keep my carbs low it’s not the easiest thing to do. The other day at work one of my work colleagues bought Pret’s Coconut Porridge and was pretty disappointed with they said it was tasteless and had nobody to it.
That night I went to the Pret website to see what was in there Coconut Porridge.
It was made of Gluten-Free Jumbo Oats, Red Quinoa with Coconut Milk & Coconut Water
I really like the idea behind this and it kind of reminded me the Joe Wicks Reduced Carbs Oatmeal I made last year.
I decided I would work on my own version of the two.
I decided to skip the Jumbo Oats and just go for a nutty version and added Avocado for a creamy texture.
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 Avocardo
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamen
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Handful Raspberries
- Combined all ingredients apart from the Raspberries in a large sauce pan.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with an handful of Raspberries