Foodie Friday: Vanilla Cupcakes Recipes
Today’s post is a little different to usual as my recipe is not on the healthy side today it’s all about cupcakes.
If you don’t already know I run a small cake business and my favourite things to bake are cupcakes, I LOVE these mini cakes which you can have so much fun making and can be so creative with.
For me Vanilla is my go to flavour I LOVE Vanilla and everything Vanilla, OK maybe not Vanilla Sex but that’s another story.
There’s so much you can do with it and the flavour combinations you can create are endless.
I love making anything Vanilla, why! Because to me Vanilla is my equivalent to the LBD it will never go out of fashion and goes with everything.
For me, a Vanilla Cupcake needs to be fluffy airy and super delicious.
It’s all comes down to the ingredients you use. I always use Madagascar Vanilla Paste as I just love the taste.
15 minPrep Time
23 minCook Time
38 minTotal Time
- 120g Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TB Vanilla Extract
- 175g Flour
- 120mls Milk
- Before you do anything else preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Your need to combine the butter and sugar together, ( I used Golden Brown Caster Sugar, I like the more honey golden taste it gave, but white Caster sugar is fine)
- If your using a stand mixer like me, put it on the highest setting and let it combine for a few minutes, I do mine for 3 to 5 minutes as I like it to really mix together and look nice and creamy, half way through I will scrape down the sides with a spatula, to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Now add the Eggs one at a time let them have a good mix I do mine for around 1 minute, I also scrape down the side after each egg is added.
- Because more times then not my milk is not at room temperature, I will put the milk in the microwave, I'll do in 30 seconds
- Add your Vanilla extracts to the milk
- I will then add one third of the flour, I will put my mixer on the lowest setting and will watch my batter I want the flour to be just mixed in as you don't want to over mixed as soon as the flour is mixed in which should take no more then 30 seconds
- I will add half of the milk vanilla combination and mixed on low for a few second.
- Repeat these steps until all the flour and milk have been completed added.
- Fill your cupcake cases with your cake mixture, I use a large ice cream scoop but if you don't have once I found that 2 TB and 1 tsp is the equivalent.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cakes are springy to the touch or using a tooth pick inserted in the center it should come out pretty clean
- Move from the baking tray and let cool on a cooling rack.
- I don't know where I got this recipe as I've had it for ever and don't even have it written down as I know it by heart.
- Hope you enjoy this recipe, just as much as I do.