Tasty Tuesday: Spicy Tomato Rigatoni Pasta
Last week was the beginning of my cooking/baking more and it went pretty well, I made 3 meals which lasted the whole week, the Lamb Chilli lasted 3 days and I managed to change the sides each time making it into a whole new meal.
I’m always seeing people doing Meatless Monday so I decided I would join in, I don’t think I’m anywhere near giving up meat but I think I can do one day a week without meat.
I love pasta but try not to eat it often because it’s so high in carbs, but seeing as I was doing no Meat I decided Pasta is the perfect thing to eat.
So I made Spicy Tomato Rigatoni Pasta which I love, it’s tomatoey with a like spicy kick which is right up my street.
- 1 Aubergine Sliced
- 5 Sweet Baby Peppers
- 300g Rigatoni Pasta
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Red Chili, Finely chopped
- 800g can chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tb Red Chili Pesto
- 1 Tb Balsamic Vinegur
- 1 Tb Caster Suger
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the Aubergine & Sweet Baby Peppers on a baking tray dazzle with Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper
- Place under the grill to cook remember to check on them and turn them over once brown
- Cook the Rigatoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packets instructions
- Heat the Olive Oil in a frying pan and sauté the Onions, Garlic & Chili for around 5 minutes
- Add the two cans of chopped Tomatoes followed by the Pesto, Balsamic Vinegar & Caster Sugar
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Drain the pasta and leave to the side
- The Aubergine & Sweet Peppers should be nice & brown by now chopped them up & add to sauce
- Add the Parmesan Cheese until melted
- Season to taste
- Added Pasta